Monday, February 15, 2010

Valentines Day


The kids and I made James a "candy gram" with a different twist. We made the candy part of the flowers, on sticks, with hearts that had the sayings on them like Reese's Pieces "I love you to 'pieces'." Then we developed some of our family pictures that my friend Cara took of us and framed them for James's office (so he can see who he's missing when he is working all the time! ;)

In typical James fashion, he is not to be out done. I *loved* the arrangement of flowers that he had ordered for me. He brings me home flowers from time to time (those times have gotten more rare as the years go on!) But the big fantastic arrangements have only been when I had a baby. He wanted something that was my favorite flower (white rose) and my favorite colors (blue or brown) so this is what he designed for me. I must say, my candygram flowerpot pales in comparison to what he got me!

We went out Saturday night (Thanks to Grandma and Grammy babysitting in shifts :) We saw Avatar in 3D, I loved that movie! I don't think I've seen a movie that I liked that much in a long time, it had so many levels that I was inspired and entertained by, so so good.

Then we went to dinner at The Palm Resturaunt. I have a hard time fathoming why food could cost so much, so I had a hard time committing to something off of the menu, James did have to order for me because I couldn't bring myself to spend a weeks worth of grocery money on just myself for one meal! (If someone else buys, sure, no problem, ;) haha. ) We were sat next to really loud obnoxious college students, which itself is annoying but we can live with that. They started talking so vulgar and offensively, I think they thought the more ugly of words they could burst out must sound better if they were shouted. So James asked the waiter for a quieter table, which they gladly obliged. They understood why! And the college students clearly understood why we moved after 10 minutes of sitting next to them, because the (loud) girl slowed down and glared at me as she passed our table when they left. Oh well, the resturaunt even comp'd our dessert which wasn't necessary but very gracious of them.

Even though I fussed about spending that much on one dinner, I'm grateful for a husband who enjoys eating at a fine resturaunt (definitely not often though) and wanted to treat me entirely like a princess because those moments have not been around as often with this job and several kids too. Now I can check "Eating like a celeb at a resturaunt" off of my Bucket List.





1 comments:

Deb said...

Aww such beautiful flowers and now I'm hungry! Any day to get flowers is pure awesome!