Sunday, February 21, 2010

Man overboard!

There was a man stranded on an island (how he got there, I don't know. That's not the point.) But he didn't worry, he said to himself "God will save me."
And a dinghy floated on the shore. But he shoved it back into the waves and walked around, still saying "God will save me."
Later on, a ship set anchor at the island, but he didn't swim out to it, he still said to himself "God will save me."
And as time passed, soon the coast guard came looking and said "We're here to save you." But the man still said "God will save me!" and refused their help.
Well... the man eventually died on the island. So when he got to his judgement, he asked God "Why didn't you save me?!!" To which God replied, "You idiot! How many more times should I have tried?"

So even though I feel like I'm isolated on an island, and I feel so stuck, I too keep praying, believing that "God will save me." I remember a seminary teacher saying "God doesn't come to answer our prayers, he sends people to answer them." (that's probably the only thing I remember from seminary!) And I keep ignoring the dinghy, and the ship, and the coastguard that have come along to move my path, deep down knowing I better quit ignoring them because I'm scared to make a change. Me, of all people, who talks about things working out when you're on the right path, and I KNOW what I should/need to be doing, but I'm skeptical at not doing it well. But not just well, I'm skeptical of making an epic mistake.

1 comments:

Ivy said...

Well what ever this change is, I'll pray that faith and peace will come to you and allow it to be a smooth process. ♥ ya sister.