I can't believe that I have "school age" kids. Sort of.
Yesterday was parent orientation at the Preschool that Maren and Kellan start at next week. Today was open house for the kids to come and play in their classes, meet their teachers, and make new friends.
My kids didn't want to leave! Whew. I'm glad they're looking forward to going. I"m totally looking forward to it too.
Maren will go M,W,F from 9-12, and Kellan will be on the opposite schedule only T,TH 9-12. So it will give me one-on-one time with each of them. But really, I'm trying to get Maren switched to the 5 day a week schedule, I think she'll be just fine and actually do better on that schedule, and be more prepared for a full day 5 a week Kindergarten class next year.
The classrooms at the school are so fun, painted murals on the walls and 'themed' rooms to help the kids find where they need to go all by themselves. Kellan goes to the "Frog" room, and Maren goes to the "Ocean" room. It's ran by a Methodist church, so it's very Christian oriented in the teaching, but fairly neutral too so that it doesn't conflict with our teachings as well. Jesus is all over the building, and it's very obvious that "Jesus said let the little children come unto me" is their creed. I'm so thankful it's such a wonderful place!
And I already have my first fundraiser to participate in too *cringing.* Does anyone want to buy a Little Caesar's pizza kit? It's a fantastic offer :D
Friday, August 29, 2008
School days, school days.
Posted by April at 3:14 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


0 comments:
Post a Comment