Saturday, August 09, 2008

My first love

Yesterday while I was resting in bed recovering in between throw up trips to the bathroom, I was watching "The Pursuit of HappYness" with Will Smith. Ahhh... what a gorgeous man.

I've seen it twice before, and I bought the DVD a long time ago- I just hadn't opened my copy of it until yesterday. I figured it was long overdue! I was bawling at the end of it, when my husband called, reminding me of the other fantastic man in my life *wink wink*

I just wanted to thank Will Smith for still keeping me in love with him. 13 years ago I adorned my school locker like a shrine to him with every magazine article I could get my hands on. Every day after 10th grade for 3 solid months my friend Shyla and I watched "Men in Black" from which we also picked the song we attempted a duet performance to at a state competition. My first email address was "Willy's girl" in dedication of my love for him.

And I'm happy to say that after 15 years since I first became hooked from The Fresh Prince of Bel-air (of which I still know all the lyrics to the theme song :) I am still in love with the man.








2 comments:

Supershepherds said...

You're a goof.

4torock said...

Oh yeah!!-- I sooooo still know the song too..... I hope you feel better :) see ya
Kate