Wednesday, August 27, 2008

Boys... Blech...

Kellan says to me today "Mom, I ate the worm.

"Uh... "What worm?" I ask, a bit puzzled.

Him: "The wiggly worm."

Me: "Okay, a pretend worm? Where did you find him?"

Him: "No, the worm for the compost. I ate him all gone." (with a devilish smile)

Alright... the door was locked, so I know he didn't go outside to the compost. I had already taken out the food scraps from the bowl in the kitchen. There weren't any worms in there anyway, lol.

So what worm could he have eaten? He is insistent that he really did eat 'the worm', even when I talked with him about telling stories. Which I am positive that this is. Kellan is the little boy who screams and cries when a fly lands on his lunch outside, or a baby ladybug is on his arm. He panics and runs out of the room if he sees a spider.

I really doubt he ate the worm. But why do boys have to have such gross imaginations?

4 comments:

Christa said...

eww what if he really did eat the worm...well it won't make him sick or anything it's just gross. But why would he just falsely admit to something so nasty out of nowhere...maybe Maren dared him to eat the worm and he just wanted her to think he did. you have such wierd kids, j/k

Ivy said...

Didn't you blog about this like a week or so ago? I could have swore I saw this on your blog a while ago! Yucko anyway!

April said...

I did post this a week ago, I have no idea why it's now posted on today's date instead, and where it went! Crazy. Thanks for the comment anyway! Lol.

Supershepherds said...

Maybe he was just now getting around to telling you about the worm he ate a few days ago. Look at his example...his mom's about to try peanuts in coke. bleh.