Monday, August 18, 2008

Free at last, free at last!

Maren's eye is free at last!

So after 4 months of continuous effort to get rid of the clogged lumps in Maren's right eye, it seemed to take a turn for the worse almost 2 weeks ago. I started putting a heating pad over the washcloth to keep heat on them longer. She would have to lay on my bed for 15 minutes 3-4 times a day like that... what a trooper.

But that's when it went from just big and pink, to being huge and purple! Okay, so that didn't seem to be helping it drain.

Her skin under her eye started to crack because it was soooo big. And it was at that point it became painful for her, she never complained about pain before that. It seemed that it became infected.

So we finally try one more option, which was Sarsaparilla dried herb soaked in a coffee filter like a tea bag, and patched over her eye. The herb "draws" out sicknesses from the body.

By the end of the first day when we took the patch off of her eye to put a fresh one on, the center of the bulge had changed, it had a hard yellow spot in the center. Mount St. Helen was about to explode.

The next day, when applying some 'drawing' ointment on her eye before another Sarsaparilla patch, lots of junk finally gooed out. I know you're as excited as I am about this!

So I'm happy to report that after 3 days of the Sarsaparilla, her eye is noticably smaller, and is on its way to a positive change.

Hallelujah!!

(too bad we didn't know about the Sarsaparilla 4 months ago. But ya live and learn.)

2 comments:

Chelsee said...

That is great news! If I were taking a suit case I would bring you back some, but it is just for the weekend and I am just taking a carry-on. Next though.

4torock said...

SO glad!! AND YES I will call u anytime I need a baby to love on! HA by the time school starts though I may rethink the wanting more... LOL!! take it easy
KATE