James is going to brave the great outdoors, including the wildlife, for a campout tonight.
By wildlife, of course I mean Maren and Kellan. He's pitching the tent in our backyard to camp out with the kids for a 'super fun adventure' he dubbed it.
They have little indoor play tents, which they think they'll get to sleep in, they have no idea we have an actual outdoor tent which will keep them critter-free.
So while they are "roughing it" with the bunnies, deer, and maybe a racoon that might come sniffing around, I'll be enjoying a quiet house. I hope the loud sound of the caddydids in the trees don't scare the kids too badly, it sounds like the Predator is lurching up there.
Maybe I'll make some cookies (share some for their adventure of course), take a bubble bath and rent a movie for myself!
Friday, August 22, 2008
Man vs. Wild
Posted by April at 1:35 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


3 comments:
Way fun super adventure! Your backyard is so much more like the wilderness than our backyard was growing up. They'll have a blast.
How fun! So, how did it go - update us.
What a great adventure for the kids, and a great break for you.
Post a Comment