Betsy, your randomness posts is something I'll probably channel here. I have no point specifically.
Debbie, I loved your quote in your last post: "Expectations are premeditated resentments."
Kari, your 'about me' that says: "I have opinions. I use them. I really don't care if you don't have the same opinion. But you don't have to put me down for mine. I wish we could be more honest with each other without causing too much pain. "
I'v had my feelers hurt lately. And I realize that a lot of it has come from a necessary process of weeding out. Sometimes its a funny process of figuring out who good people in your life need to be. And who does not need to be in your life.
One thing about me is that I do have opinions. I do think a lot. Read a lot. Try to self educate a lot. I don't have to be right about any one of them. But I do know what is best for me. I also like to conversate. I find it very enriching to engage in conversations with intelligent people, and also find out about what is impactful or personal to them, see their point of view, and learn something from each other.
However, if the only reason that you read my blog is to look for something to criticize about, judge about, or entertain yourself in any other way at my expense only without contributing in any way to my life... seriously... do some reflecting.
Because if I, in some way, voice an opinion that you didn't like, which you didn't bother to expand your own thoughts on a subject, and only harbored contentment against me about it, then Debbie's quote might apply to you. I am not here to meet anyones expectations. I am a real person. A mother, a friend, a sister, a daughter, a wife, an activist, an involved community member, a volunteer, a daughter of God, a missionary, a Christian, a GOOD MANY THINGS.
But what I don't aspire to be is your enemy, your conversation piece, your unmet expectation, your pre-determined person of judgement without bother to know about me, your door mat, your therapist, or your temp service go-to guy.
I do live my life with a "pay it forward" attitude. I look for many opportunities to serve other people. I love freely. I don't harbor resentments. I forgive fully. I am diverse. I love friendships that help me be a better person. If you don't fit in the same categories, and you find yourself feeling resentments towards me in any way, then maybe my unmet expectations you had about me needs some reflection.
Offense is NEVER intended. And can only be experienced by being taken.
I will always have a lot to say as long as God blesses my mind and my heart, I will continue to use my voice. Because sometimes, in someway, it has been a blessing for someone. You're not obligated to read my blog. Just keep in mind, I'm a person. And the resentment that you carry around is probably by your own aquisition of it, because I don't deliver any of that around here.
Sunday, November 01, 2009
To quote a few friends...
Posted by April at 3:24 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


3 comments:
wow! sorry you've been hurt lately. i totally agree with you. if you don't like me or my blog, don't read it. if you don't like steak, don't go to a steak house and complain about it. i like you, and your blog, so i'll keep reading! :)
April I dearly love you. I think you are my across country soul sister! I am not nearly as educated as you are on most of your topics and to be honest sometimes I get confused because I don't know enough about the topic but i read your posts with complete amazement at how well spoken you are and the fact that you really know your shit before you go posting it. You are one great gal and I truly admire you! Muah xoxo
P.S. Wow did any of that make sense? Because I swear it did when I was typing it!
Good blog, April. Very well stated. I may steal it!
Post a Comment