I think I've figured out how to survive on 4 hours of sleep a night down to a science. Of course, 6:30 bedtimes are mandatory for this equation.
I went grocery shopping this morning, even though every cell in my body was telling me to stay home and put on Yo Gabba Gabba for Max so I could lay on the couch and take a nap. But then I would think of going later in the day with all 3 kids and I'd immediately break a sweat. No way. So I went out this morning. 45 minute drive to Trader Joe's, shopping with just Max, 45 minute drive back. I wanted to stretch out the peace and quiet, so I sat in the dining area of Starbucks and savored a breakfast wrap with an eggnog steamed soy. I LOVE the time of year when Eggnog shows its face!
Picked up Kellan, put groceries away, made lunch, put away 3 loads of laundry (all while on the phone with my mom) and then it was time to get Maren from the bus. I figured the boys would sleep in the car. They had other plans.
I then went to vote, went to the chiropractor so we could all get an adjustment, and then to Walmart.
I wish I could say this was all I did today, but all mom's know how much taking care of kids ALSO entails. And how much brain power you need to pay attention to several of them! Did I mention I did all this while running a fever? I thought I was just achey and in desperate need of sleep... yeah, that too, but my Chiropractor noticed it, and took my temperature. 100.6, cool.
And that is why all kids were in bed by 6:30. But who's going to do the dishes? Has anyone seen my husband?
Tuesday, November 03, 2009
Auto Pilot
Posted by April at 7:39 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


3 comments:
Eh the dishes can wait. You my dear need to sit and relax a while. Even super mom needs a break every once in a while!
I guess I have it pretty easy living by myself. I feel like a slacker after reading blogs of moms. Moms do have the hardest job ever! Let me know next you go out for eggnog soy. Eggnog is my favorite! yummo
chelseebryn@gmail.com
Chelsee, I had a harder time being happy working in the corporate world, I will do whatever it takes to not have to go back!
Post a Comment