I love the convenience of the internet! And I love that other people, like me, also love going there instead of dealing with traffic/cash registers/public to buy things. It's helped me thin out a lot of excess and make some mula back!
I sold our queen mattress set last month for a fraction of what we paid for it 6 years ago. But still more than James thought we'd get out of it. I'm sure the fact that I didn't say "Last baby birthed on it" in the listing might have helped a little! (breath people. It was waterproof covered.)
I sold a carseat, a baby activity center toy, a bookshelf and a chair on craigslist. I sold cloth diapers that Max outgrew on ebay, along with some clothes, bottles, nursing bra (new), and Bed Bath and Beyond coupons. Yes, seriously.
What cracks me up, is that the diapers I sold were used, and didn't even have some of the items that came with a "starter kit" of them, yet they sold for $1 more than what I paid for the starter kit of them! And the kids clothes? I buy them from Children's Place or Old Navy sales. My kids wear them. They're kept in nice condition sure, but I'm reselling them for what I've paid for them.
Now I've got a toilet to find its way to an eager buyer's home. I wish it would fit into mine! This one doesn't have the 'rim' that gets buildup to scrub underneath, it's smooth surface. If you could say a toilet is sexy, it's this toilet, seriously.
Who said raising kids is expensive? They never got resourceful on the internet appearantly.
Monday, November 09, 2009
Clutter into cash
Posted by April at 10:58 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


2 comments:
or at CMOM sales, lol. I swear by those sales, and starting next year I will be selling all my stuff at them too.
That is awesome! I was able to sell one of Dustin's suits from his mission that came with a jacket and 2 pair of pants. It had cockroaches living in it for 6 months while he was serving in one area that was too hot for it to be worn. Of course he got it dry cleaned and wore it home (which I wouldn't have done after knowing cockroaches were living in it) but we made $50 off it and he didn't think I could sell it.
Post a Comment