Last year I was really into watching ER, all of the reruns were being shown so I set my DVR and caught up on an entire 4 seasons of it.
A girl was in the ER in one episode, and she had an overly worrying mother. The mother warned her daughter about going outside in the cold weather with wet hair, said she 'would catch pnemonia.' To which Abby replies "The only thing you'll catch with wet hair is split ends."
And I thought "I knew it!" So my bad habits of running late, and being notorious for being the only mother to drop her kid off at preschool with wet, unstyled hair continued. Seriously, these mothers, I don't get 'em. Some of them you know they are on the way to the gym in their cute tennis shoes and yoga pants, Danskins support tank, visor holding back their perfectly curled hair in a pristine ponytail. I bet they don't even break a sweat during their work out because their makeup would drip if they did. Gag. I like to look nice, but that's just weird.
But I don't know that I believe Abby entirely. Because I DO shower as the kids are eating breakfast, then quickly run out the door as soon as we all have clothes on. And because I'm constantly sporting wet hair, AND this is the third time this year that I've had pnemonia, it really does make me think there's something to it!
Thursday, November 12, 2009
TV show fineprint: Not intended to replace professional medical advice
Posted by April at 10:16 AM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


3 comments:
I don't really know either but I know a lot of body heat is lost through the top of the head (and feet and hands) and a cold wet head would surely lose body heat so if catching a chill can make you sick... I just know if my head is warm, my feet are warm and my hands are warm, I don't get chilled easily.
Hey, this isn't about your post (although I agree with your mom's comment). I just wanted to say that I love your family picture! It is sooo cute! The kids are adorable! :)
I think it's because your body is staying colder with a wet head. Therefore your immune system is lowered and you are more susceptible to catching something.
I drop my daughter off at school in pajama bottoms sometimes. :) And she definitely doesn't have the perfectly coiffed hair either. At least I get it brushed...that is a feat in itself!
Post a Comment