Here are things I've muttered since I've lived here in NC, as well as things I've heard along the way, for your musings :)
"You're only 20 miles from my house? Oh, that's not far at all!"
"Thank goodness the humidity is only 85% today."
"You'll see a goat farm on your right, you'll turn at the next road."
"I probably ran over like 10 frogs on the road today."
And here are some that have come out of my lovely red-neck husband's mouth:
"All them cows squeezing in that little bit of shade- I don't hate 'em for it." (translation: there's little shade, I don't blame them for squeezing together in this heat like that!)
"It's gonna be a hot minute." (I'm going to be late for dinner again.)
"I almost brought home dinner." (Another deer ran in front of the car coming home tonight.)
And every sentence he responds to starts with "Shooooot, I know that's right."
I love it out here in 'bible country' that people praise Jesus like it's a punctuation in a sentence. "Let me get the door for you ma'am." And you'll hear that lady say "Oh praise Jesus, you are so kind."
But the one that still makes me giggle when I thiink about it was a lawn sign that someone had in their front yard when I first moved here. It said in big bold letters:
"I hate my neighbor. But Jesus still loves him."
God bless the south!
Wednesday, July 16, 2008
Things you don't hear in Utah
Posted by April at 2:17 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


3 comments:
Have you seen the Billboard that read "Satan Sucks..Jesus Saves" ?
With what James says I really needed the translation. By the way, Congrats on the new addition coming.
OMG, sadly over 1/2 of those wher things I said to you or that you said about me. I haven't laughed that hard in a while.
Post a Comment