Wednesday, July 23, 2008

Stroke of luck?

Last week I was telling James that I was worried about how we were going to make things work in our bedroom with a new baby.

When Kellan was born, he slept with me for the sake of easy breastfeeding- until he was about 10 months old (when he finally quit nursing every 2 hours around the clock!!)

But with that sleeping arrangement, I slept on the very edge of my bed- and had a guarded hand against James's back so that he didn't roll over and squish the baby. It wasn't very good sleep needless to say. And James was about 60 lbs lighter- he takes up more space in our bed now adays!

So I told him I wanted a king size bed. With all of our expenses right now, that's a lot of $mackeroo$ that we just can't prioritize.

But I did say "I want one."

When I say that I want something, life has a funny way of working out in my favor sometimes!

So James was cleaning in a rich-y neighborhood home yesterday where some water leaked through a roof and got a mattress wet. The owner fussed, the insurance is replacing it for them. So James had to take it out with him.

It's a king size pillow top, no turn, mattress. In a guest bedroom. Practically brand new.

And wouldn't ya know- my husband can clean mattresses at work. It would be more sterile than a mattress straight from any factory! I'll take it!!


Did you ever hear the one about how I got my 3 month old front-load stainless steel washing machine/dryer set by Samsung (retail for $2400) for only $600? Because that's what I said I wanted, and that's what I set aside to pay. And it worked out for me :)





Now God... how 'bout a 2008 Honda Odyssy?

2 comments:

Lisa M said...

King size beds are great. Once you go there you can't go back.

Ivy said...

Wow, good job, I'm jealous! Send one our way next time ;)