For my Mom, who loves rain storms.
And her cute grandkids :)
When I was little, I remember laying in the living room on the floor watching lightning strikes flashing and lighting up our house, while we usually had music on to soothe us. I remember church-ish songs like "Where is Heaven" and "A Child's Prayer" among most of them.
So there was a week of back-to-back massive storms and Maren & Kellan were very nervous and clingy because of the thunder. I never heard thunder this loud as a kid, I'd be scared too! So I told them about the 'special time' my mom would do during thunderstorms sometimes, and they wanted to do it too. Except they wouldn't let me sell them on Primary songs, or classical Baby Einstein c.d.'s... no... instead they pick the soundtrack from Alvin & the Chipmunks.
Oh well. It was still a fun day.
These were the storms that preceeded the overload of insurance claims of damages to houses, making it 3 straight days that we didn't see James at all. And we also had a tree fall on the side of our house- 2 of the massive size limbs hit the roof, we're lucky we didn't have a broken roof ourselves from it. Just a busted rain gutter, which is nothing James can't fix himself.
The last video starts out black, if you care to watch it, you'll see the lightning bright up the sky against the backdrop of our Cherry tree in the front. That's how dark it is at nightfall in our neighborhood, it's crazy. Growing up, we usually turned our porchlight on when it started to get dark. Out here, I feel like I might offend someone if I turn mine on! Not to mention, it invites the night critters to camp on my front porch, visitors that I don't care much for at all, blech.
Thursday, July 24, 2008
For Mom
Posted by April at 8:00 AM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


2 comments:
What a great idea to have them lay out and listen to music.
Go Maren - wiggle those butt cheeks!
Post a Comment