I'm nervous for James to come home and see what I did today!!

I cut about 7 inches off of Maren's hair, and then added layers in it!
She has been asking for atleast 7 months, since we went to Utah last, to have her hair cut "like Aunt Heather's." (My sister Heather had a short bob cut that went to her jaw-line area. Super cute.)
And I kept trying to convince Maren to let her hair grow long. She's had trims, but that's it. I said "I won't be able to curl it super fancy anymore how you like it." She said that's okay, it seemed like a fair trade in her mind. :(
I said "I won't be able to put it in a bun for ballet anymore." Again, she says "That's okay."
Appearantly, there was no convincing her. Just trying to convince her parents.
So I ask James about it last week, and said "She really really wants it short, this isn't a spontaneous idea of hers. She'll be happy, she won't regret it."
He says "So what? She's 4, she doesn't call the shots!" (He's not the typical anti-haircut type of Daddy... but he does like his princess to be fussed over from time to time.)
I think she should get to call some shots, even if it's not what I want. (Within moderation.) I let her pick her outfits when we go shopping, she got to pick what color we painted her room, etc. With guidance and help in making good choices, I think kids should have more of a voice in their image, surroundings, and experiences. Clearly this was something she "really really wanted" as she put it all the time.
So today I cut it.
And yes, I cried! (A little. She didn't see the tear.)
But doesn't she look super cute?


5 comments:
Way Cute!!!
hey!! SOOO cute-- can't wait to see her! Have been MIA on the web since we had some nasty computer virus AND left the cord at beach I almost can't function with out it!! lol sad but tru:) Have a lot to catch up on so see ya soon!!
it's super cute, but James is gonna have a coronary. You are much braver than I am, but I can't wait to see it! It looks really cute and it won't be near the trouble to take care of. But I really do like it, just worried about your hubby and what he's going to say
Cute! I think you should video tape his reaction and put it up her for all of us to see!
Hey I discovered your blog today and I think you did a marvelous job! Also- good work on the free mattress! Natalie
Post a Comment