I washed Maren's Hello Kitty doll in the laundry and handed it to her today as I was putting things away. She came up to me a minute later and wrapped her arms around my legs thanking me. I bent over a little to hug her and said "Aw, I love you." To which she says "I didn't say I love you, I said 'Thank you'." Well then!
Kellan has been trying really hard to say his 'th' sound instead of 'ff' at the end of words like 'with.' Yesterday he says "Is it my turn to get in the baff?" I reminded him "You mean bath?" He says "That's what I said, baff!" Me: "Okay, but say baaa-th, I know you can do it." And he just redirects and says "Is it my turn to get in? I don't want to say that word for you anymore." Hmmph!
And Max said his first word today. It was ...drumroll please...
Crap.
Ok, it was babble. But he's been making 'k' noises, yesterday it was 'cup-a-cup' all day. And then it was a big loud "Crap" followed by blowing raspberries and yelling as I was putting his jammies on. Amen little dude! I think 'Crap' everytime someone puts me in zipper jammies too!
Tuesday, June 16, 2009
Dialogue at my house
Posted by April at 11:42 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


4 comments:
how funny. brooklyn's thing lately if she's not getting her way..."umph! everybody's stupid!"
Man, if I could learn to spell, I wouldn't have to delete and then re-post. I love the words that you know they really didn't mean to say but that's what it sounded like. Cooper's was "rats". We don't have rats!!! You have yourself some pretty adorable little ones!
My my...your children are little adults, aren't they.
Post a Comment