And because I love cloth diapers. If anyone has thought or wondered about which ones are the best choice for you to consider, or why some of us crazies bother with cloth diapers (haha) you should check out this mom's review on them. She's having a giveaway on some awesome diapers, I really want the Swaddlebee's!
James made a comment on how much cost we have spent on the stash I bought for Max, I spent about $200. He's 8 months old now and I would have spent that and THEN SOME on disposables so far, but I don't have to spend another penny if I don't want to and that's pretty cool. I've still got a while to go through of diaper changes! It's 2 minutes of laundry time to dump a bucket in the washing machine every other day, that's seriously all the 'hassle' difference I go through!
But what's more cool to me is that by now I would have put approximately 2,150 in a landfill that will take over 500 years for the plastics that disposables contain to break down. And I've still got many more months of diaper changes to go. When we 'throw away' we don't really stop to think about where 'away' actually is. I wouldn't have tossed 2,150 pooey soiled non-biodegradable diapers in my backyard for my children to play around would I? "Throwing away" is someone else's back yard. We all share the same earth. And though it's a small dent in trying to make the world a better place, it's still a dent. And everyone in SOME way or another hopefully strives to do the same in their own lives.
Sunday, June 07, 2009
Because I want free stuff
Posted by April at 8:57 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


3 comments:
This is what I love about you. You're such a worldly woman. Always leaving the world a tad bit better than you found it.
You called me 'worldy' gasp! I so am not! I think you mean 'hippie' LOL!
I love you, my little hippie sister.
Post a Comment