Maren is learning to read, and most of the things she 'reads' are repetaive words like yes/no and things like that. She thinks if she sees those words she knows what the question is asking. Not so!
She was browsing options of t.v. on my blackberry phone, when I thought she was just watching Hannah Montana while waiting for Kellan in his ballet class. (And on another day that I didn't even know she snuck onto my phone while at home ) And she enthusiastically chose "YES" to things with price tags. She appearantly signed me up for T.V exclusive subscription, Urban Rap music subscription, and NascarInfo subscription, costing an extra $20 on my phone bill!
As I was paying bills on line, I discovered this situation. Grrr... no more phone time for a while Maren!
So James talks with her about her sneakery, and the price of it. Then he made a list of chores that she has to do to work off this $20, with a box to check off and a value price of each chore. At the end of the list, he put a due date and penatly. Upon failure to pay her debt, the money will be taken from her purse for any chores left undone. (She only has probably $6 total, lol.) And at the end of it, he put an official line and had her sign her name to agree to said contract.
We put it on the fridge, and she was actually excited to sort 3 loads of laundry into everyone's rooms for mommy to put away. She earned one chore checked off, $3 towards her debt, and I thoroughly enjoyed the help!
Sunday, February 01, 2009
Consequences
Posted by April at 10:48 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


5 comments:
so clever! We need to do lunch, I miss seeing you except for church.
That is too funny! At least she had fun with it!
Oh P.S. - Part of your "stuff" arrived on Friday! The rest should be here today and then I'll ship it out to you. I might have Bus Fed-ex it so it gets to you quicker, plus it actually might be cheeper with his work discount :)
Okay, first I LOVE that she subscribed to those subscriptions! Second, I can see her thinking she is playing some game and totally winning. Good for you to have contract with her. She is such a clever little girl that it totally fits right up her ally to have something so grown up. Great job!
O the joys of parenthood!! Great idea:) see ya round .. need to send ya those pics on how to wrap a baby ( lol that sounds kinda funny!!)but waiting on a certain CD to make you look O so beautiful.... wait I don't have to do that!! awwww I'm soo sweet:) !
Good idea Dad. Joshua's boy have to do restitution hours too. Unfortunately it doesn't curb their "sneakery". Good job nippin' that in the bud early.
Post a Comment