I call him that, because often he goes through a phase where as soon as we close his door at bedtime, he's popped right out of bed to walk out for one reason or another. This is our conversation last night:
Me: "Kellan, get back in bed."
Him: "Mommy, I have to tell you some-fing important."
Me: "Talking time is all done, remember it and tell me in the morning."
Him: "I fink I might forget. It's very important."
Me: "Okay Kellan. You're supposed to be in bed, so it better be very important or you'll have to give me your blankie tonight if you choose to be silly instead."
Him: (Bowing to me with his hands clasped in a kung-fu pose)
"Um, Tai Lung is free."
(Then he bows his head again, hands me his blanket for consequence while still bowing and says:) Yes, Master, I will never quit.

And then he runs off to bed. Thank you Kung Fu Panda, and thank the Academy.


4 comments:
That is way cute. He sounds hilarious!
I am laughing so freaking hard right now! Smart kid!!
Skadoosh!
Well...maybe to him it was important. Even enough to lose his blankie. That's just too funny. I would have lost it.
I love it. He assessed the consequence and it was still worth it! What a stud.
Post a Comment