Friday, February 06, 2009

YUSSSS

James finally conceded to a second go'round with a dog.

After I told him that my lovely-for-volunteering (before I begged) friend Christa offered to help housebreak the dog. That was the part I'm not excited about, and atleast I'm honest with myself realizing that I"m far too impatient to handle that task right now. Plus, I love my new carpet too much!

Last week I saw a sign for Rottweiler AKC puppies... it was an omen. I should have acted on it though, they're all gone now. No worries though- its a good time to puppy shop, on the brink of spring means lots of new litters everywhere. And yes, only a Rottweiler will do. James intends to train it as a guard dog like he did our last rotti, Demi.

I'm hoping that Kellan finds a best friend in this dog as well, he has such difficult anxiety issues, maybe it will be theraputic for him. So the search begins! Yay! (p.s. thanks Christa, I haven't even called you yet to tell you that I'm taking you up on the offer!)

5 comments:

Ivy said...

Good luck! What catchy name are you going to have this time?

Lisa M said...

So fun! You are a lot braver than I am. Good luck in your search.

Christa said...

oh...well I'm glad I read the blog so now I know!!

Greg said...

Good luck!
Better you than me... we're non-pet people. Edy is scared spitless of anything with fur that moves at it's own free will.

Alison said...

Good luck finding your perfect pup.....I love love love Rotties! =)