Saturday, February 14, 2009

On the up and up

Thank you sooooo much to everyone who has shown concern, offered help, and has just been fantastic for me during this week.

I took Kellan and Max to the pediatrician Wednesday, asked him to check me too (saved myself a bill! whew.) Max was fine, just a mucus-y cough. Kellan had swollen ear, no infection, and pnemonia. I had ear infection, sinus infection, and pnemonia. What a week it has been! It probably hit me and Kellan so hard because of our immune systems being down anyway from the salmonella poisoning.

Thursday and Friday was spent pretty much in delirium with raging fevers for both Kellan and I. Kellan kept peaking in the high 104's, so a dose of Boneset, Tylenol and a wipe down with a wet washcloth helped bring it down. Kellan's swollen ear as upgraded to an infection now. Ear drops and heating pad with some of James's potent antibiotic mixture to the rescue.

James seemed to start showing symptoms too, but never got as bad. He had a fever and shakes, stayed home on Thursday, but he ended up caring for the kids. I can't even recall a thing that day. Friday he went back to work, and I"m thankful for the lovely ladies who came to my rescue. I deliberated about heading to the ER all day long due to the massive migraine from the infections and the fever, but I was too delirous to drive!

Kellan's fever has come down a bit, but not entirely gone. Looming around the 100 mark, much better, it's serving a good purpose for that ear infection! But the poor boy couldn't settle down the entire night. I'm feeling a little better today, a lower temp for me too.

James is on call this weekend, so please pray that he has a quiet pager so that he can be here for his family! We desperately need him! And to top off this exciting week? We paid for a puppy last weekend before all of this started, and was scheduled with other buyers and the seller to be delivered today from Wilmington (4 hours away for you out-of-stater's.) So wish us luck! Pictures of the puppy-and a name- to come soon.

2 comments:

Tiffanyrose said...

Anytime we can be there for you babe, we are there! Can't wait to see the pictures of the newest family member.

4torock said...

I am soo glad you guys are feeling better- and pray you DO get a quiet weekend ( knock on wood, right??) can't wait to meet Petunias new friend as long as he/she doesn't eat her! lol Have a great Sunday and HAPPY Valentines day! :)