I hate it when I've been moving one part of my body or another all day long- to stir food, change a diaper, brush teeth, fold laundry, etc... then I look around at the end of the day, it looks like I didn't do a thing! Why am I so exhausted then?
I got a haircut today, brought a DVD to keep the kids busy, and gave them a strict warning about behaving in public (I've reached my limit of being embarrassed by the public fighting!) And I thought they were doing so well, I was about to tell them they could get a sucker from the jar- and they walked right outside! "We just wanted a newspaper from the machine" they say. Aaahh! Don't you get the concept of stranger danger?
Then a quick trip into Walmart. I frown at myself in the mirror and think "Oh well, I hope I don't run into anyone I know." Not anyONE, but three people. And one of them says "Where's your makeup?" That was a polite way of saying I looked like sh*#. Thanks... you know who you are.
So I decide I want to resurrect my vanity habits a bit more- lets start with hair color! I spent an hour when I got home applying and letting it set, just to rinse it all off and realize the color didn't change at all. Thanks pregnancy hormones, let's get back to normal now shall we? I hate the orange that my hair turns when I get pregnant, my efforts to get rid of that today failed miserably.
Now I'm sick with the cold that my two boys have been dealing with. It's 9:15 PM and no sign of James for several more hours. And so the rest of the week goes too.
I better get a fat boquet of flowers and a really really really nice resturaunt for breakfast on Valentine's. That's all I wanted to say. Thank you to you lovlies for listening to me vent.
Tuesday, February 10, 2009
Sniffles and randomness
Posted by April at 9:00 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


3 comments:
I know what you mean on doing stuff all day long and it looks like you didn't do a thing.
I am sure that WHOEVER that person was didn't mean you look like sh*t... they just meant you looked different...and since you had just gotten your hair cut I'm sure that looked different too...I bet it took them like 10 looks to make sure it was really you before they said hello. But I don't can't speak for WHOEVER it was.
Reeeear Christa, way to make it about you! Haha. This is about ME ;-)
Post a Comment