My 'baby girl' is 5 years old today! Starting kindergarten this fall, and experienced chicken pox, caveties, and love... no more a toddler, it's bittersweet. We all love you very much Maren! Happy Birthday!
Coincidently when she was born, the song that I heard on my c.d. rotation while in labor was "Isn't she lovely" by Stevie Wonder, though I had no clue Maren was in deed a 'she.' I thought for certain I was having a boy.
My purpose was felt becoming a mother to this child. Don't ya just wanna smooch those lips?! :)
Baby blue eyes, a live wire of independence, and a keen observation for her surroundings was evident in her from day one. She is very intelligent, and there never has been a day with Maren where I felt like she wasn't absorbing every last bit of existence in this world until she rested her head on her pillow.
She's slow to laugh deep and hard, much too reserved this little girl is! But she isn't slow to smile! And especially when she is nervous, she falls back on the "oh i know that I'm cute" persing of her lips until she gets past her nerves. She's confident of herself, she loves sharing her testimony, learning the mechanics of everything that exists in her world, and then teaching everyone else about it all. I love all 3 of her cute dimples on her face when she does light up with joy.
Sometimes I get exhausted of days full of "Mommy watch this, watch that, did you see me? Was that funny? Was that awesome?" And I should relish in those moments more because they'll be gone soon.
.
She's quirky, and highly imaginative! She was two years old when she told me about her first 'bad dream.' She was hysterically upset, crying and shaking telling me about the "mean soldier that blew a whistle really loud in her face." I had to hide my smile, but I realized that small things really do hurt her feelings, and how tender we must be with God's precious ones.

Her first year of preschool had two
marraige proposals, which she narrowed it down to the best choice in my opinion! Boys fuss over her, and girls flock to her. She really is a people person, luckily she treats everyone well too.
We started her in ballet for the hopes it would help with her clumsyness and her physical problems that she has. But it gave her an outlet to the creativity in her heart, and her days are full of dancing and singing, many times ending in tears because she didn't get to do a 'show' for Daddy if he didn't make it home before bedtimes.

I thought she was the prettiest baby on earth when she was new. And she just gets prettier. She has learned that it is more important to be beautiful on the inside, and to treat others well. Sometimes it's hard at home with that virtue, and it has been super difficult lately with her transition away from the baby girl into a young girl. But I know deep down she's just struggling to feel her independence, and she has a gem of a heart. I'm so proud to be her mother, it was her that first gave me that purpose. If this blog endures time, and Maren can view these enteries as she would a journal of mine someday, I hope she never questioned if I loved her, or how much. With all of my heart baby girl. Every single bit of it.



8 comments:
Happy Birthday to the sweetest 5 year old that I know! I love you Maren, my favorite niece! Love your favorite Aunt Christa
Happy B-Day
see I told u I forget bdays!! :( Maren- Happy HAPPY bday even if late... u know I always s t r e t c h my bdays out for alomost a week so party on!!! luv bunches sweet gal!!
What a fun little trip down memory lane. The kids had a good time on the webcam last night. Brooklyn had a melt down when we signed off that she couldn't hold "mack". Oh how she loves the babies!
That nearly made me cry. What a sweet tribute. Love you Maren.
awwe...what a sweet post!
Happy Birthday Maren!!
Well, grandmommy is crying. Where have 5 years gone. Though I never tire of our phone conversations, nothing is as sweet as snuggling with a grandchild. Miss you granddaughter! And grandsons, too.
Happy Birthday Maren!!
Post a Comment