Wednesday, August 25, 2010

Attention Class!

Of course we took first day of school pictures! School is now in session for 2010-11 year at the "Southern Leisure Christian Academy" for the eclectically gifted and very, uh, spirited!

This is the best that I could get three kids to cooperate for! Sigh...

Maren: 1st Grade, Kellan: Kindergarten


And what school would be complete without projects and artwork of our studies from the day around the classroom?


There was so much planning ahead of time (to please my obsessive nature) and a little adjusting of how I manage my time of all of my other household responsibilities, but overall I have to say the schedule of homeschooling is far less stressful to accomodate for our family. I don't have to wake grumpy tired kids up when it's dark to go meet a bus. I don't have to do breakfast routines a second time for the child who isn't school age. I don't have to wait at a bus stop, arrange nap times around that, or do extra homework for the child who was bored at school, no take home work to sit down and do while I'm solo making dinner and bathing children, and rush them into bed right after dinner. I actually had time to run an errand in the afternoon! It was thrilling :)
Happy school year!

2 comments:

Carrie said...

I hope that you don't mind that in every post that you mention Homeschooling I must mention that I am JEALOUS!!!!! Love your kiddos personal style! Good luck new teacher. :)

Supershepherds said...

Hooray...looks like a good first day.