Tuesday, April 07, 2009

Silly breakfast time




Let it be known, my kids are NOT morning people! But why don't they sleep a bit longer then?


Their schedules were off a bit the last few days, so they both have woken up around 6:30 AM (an hour earlier than norm) and they are NOT happy campers when they do that.


So this morning, as it started our as a re-run from yesterday's early wakeup, the whining/crying/arguing drama that always occurs when they are still tired, I tried to steer clear of it with a surprise, and a happy (caffeine/pain reliever induced) face of my own.


And I thought the "look what our crazy mom did for breakfast" would go over well...


1/2 of the bunch thought it was awesome and hilarous, even when their orange juice spilled down the front as they tried to drink from the gallon sized juice pitcher.


The other 1/2 cried even more, thought the amount of cereal was pathetic (but it was just the big bowl that made it look puny) and wanted the "regular dishes" to eat with. ::Cough-Kellan!::


Well, atleast one kid walked away from the table with a happier face. Maybe if I had cute bowls and spoons like you Ivy, it might have gone over better!




5 comments:

Ivy said...

I wasn't going for cute, I just went with the biggest that we had. Brooklyn didn't like it right away either, she begged for her pink plate and a sippy cup. But when she figured I wasn't caving, and the bucket was it, she ate it, and she loved it!

I didn't think about doing cereal in them, that's a good idea...

proudmama said...

That's hilarious. I knew Kellan would be the scrooge. When the grouchies were over, I bet he loved it,too.

Little Lady Cakes said...

I love your pictures.

What a hilarious post!

The Moore Family said...

I think I might I have to try this with my kids. It would be great to see their reactions and funny to watch them try and eat!

Supershepherds said...

I think it was a great idea. It would have cracked me up! He'll probably look back one day and laugh. Better late than never, right?