In typical Moore fashion, our Easter holiday did not go over smoothly to say the least!
I drove all over town trying to find ANY store that had boys slacks (not sold in a suit set) in the color I wanted for the boys to wear Easter Sunday. They had matching shirts already, which matched the color in Maren's dress... I know, so Prom-ish! ;)
But last night Maren started running a fever, and was up several times in the night. I knew I wouldn't be going to church so that I could keep her home. No matching outfits :(
So I decided to dress Kellan up much more formal than he usually is since it's Easter, but not in his Easter 'outfit' and send him with James. I know, right? YES James was going to church without ME! He committed to teaching for a friend that just had her baby (Congrats Alison and John!)
James even trimmed his mountain man beard, he EVEN wore cologne again. I was sorely sad that I couldn't bask in the moment of it all with him! But as Kellan is sitting in his carseat waiting for his special "guy time" with Daddy finally...his...phone...rings. He had to go to a water damage.
My poor Kellan's heart was so broken, it was difficult to witness. In the last 5 weeks, James has been gone 3 of them without seeing the kids. Easter Bunny came yeterday at our house, and we enjoyed the brief hour that we got with James before he left for work again. He had been out until 4:30 AM the night before, so when he got home yesterday he needed rest! ::Sigh:: We just need James too.
I hope everyone has a blessed Easter Sunday though. I hope the spirit touches your heart to remind you of the truth that our Lord lives again, and that he is working a mighty work for us to return to live with him and our Heavenly Father. My heart has been touched today in many ways.
Sunday, April 12, 2009
Happy Easter
Posted by April at 1:56 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


3 comments:
That sucks, we know what that is like - sort of. When Bus in on call, the kids rarely see him too. They value their dad time for sure!
I hope your day was good despite James having to work again. Happy Easter :)
Kellan is so cute! Hope you guys had a good Easter anyway!
My handsome grandson!
Post a Comment