In November I got a new cell phone on a different provider plan, so I gave my old pink phone to Maren. She takes pictures on it, plays the ring tones and pretends to be a grown up just like me.
So her and 2 friends (I'll keep them annonymous for ya Tiffany... I mean, what?) were playing with this cell phone today, and one of them called 9-1-1.
The older one was concerned, and came to ask me if it was a real cell phone. I said yes, but it didn't have any service. And she said "How come when I do this (dials 9-1-1) it says connected?
So I told her to listen, and she told me there was a woman talking. So I take the phone, c0mpletely surprised that someone could talk to me on this phone. Appearantly even cell phones without service can still call 9-1-1, who knew? So for all of you who only carry a cell phone in case of emergencies, save your money and cancel your service!
But the operator was a bit tiffed, understandably. It was the 9th time that this particular cell phone appearantly called in the last 15 minutes. They dispatched an officer to check things out at the location of the signal. I was freaking out! I apologized several times, said I had no clue about that and assured her there was no emergency, and it would vever happen again!
Right children?
They all nodded their heads in sheepish agreement.
Friday, April 10, 2009
Fire, Medical, or Police?
Posted by April at 2:32 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


5 comments:
I thought everybody knew that...you can donate your old cell phones to places like the battered women's shelter for that very reason...so you know you can go to jail for that too right?
Oh Kenna.. or Andy? GIRLS!!!! Your mama needs to have a talk with you!
Even though you told me this today, I still laughed reading your post! We had to learn it the hard way just like you did!
My little Zacky has called 911 at my mom's, just playing with a regular old phone, and my mom didn't know until the cops showed up. I was very embarassed and I wasn't even there for it!
Learn something new every day.
Post a Comment