In addition to adjusting to life with a newborn baby again, it was packed full of activities. It was the last stretch of my mom's visit from Utah, so 'Grammommy' and I took the kids to Monkey Joe's for some play time- trying to avoid naughty time from them!
We also took them to a place in South Carolina where you paint your own pottery. All 3 kids captured either a footprint or handprint on a piece we painted together, it was nice to create memories, but not nice with the meltdown from Kellan in the middle of it all.
There were also a lot of Halloween activities. Maren dressed up as Hannah Montana for the activity at church, and again at preschool. (Kellan was sick for his day at preschool.) By the time trick-or-treating rolled around, she decided she wanted to be something different, so we had Snow White as the Queen, with Kung-fu Master champion. (Yes that's Max wrapped up in the polka-dot wrap, lots of people didn't realize there was a baby in that bump!)
For only 30 minutes or so of trick-or-treating, they made out like fat cats. Their buckets were full, and we proceeded back to Kate & Jeremy's home to fill our tummies with yummy fall favorites and goodies.
We tried to stay low key during the week due to both kids having their turn at being sick. So one of the days we adorned ourselves in halloween tatoo's. Yes, even Max got inked. It was a green spider, hehe.
Saturday the kids and I made the treck up to the airport for the last time in a while to see my mom off to Utah. We were sad to see her go, sad to have our house empty from company, and I'm feelin' it most of all because I'm flying solo for the first time since the baby was born 4 weeks ago! Wish me luck.


3 comments:
Fun pictures! I especially like Max's tatoo :) I'm sorry you are discouraged about flying solo now, I can relate :( You might decide it will be nice to get yourselves back on a routine without visitors under foot though. Hang in there sis! You'll be ok!
If anyone can manage, it's you! Maybe the lack of company will help the kids get back into a routine and settle down a bit. Just a little cosmic soup for ya. Is that what's it's called?
So fun!!
Post a Comment