Our annual visit to the dentist today did not disappoint anyone's expectations. The dentist is going to make some money, but not too much because I was satisfied as well. No cavities for msyelf, or Kellan. Woohoo!
Not bad for me especially since it has been 6 years since I've had a cleaning. I've just had checkups. They won't do a full cleaning without an antibiotic before the procedure because of my heart murmur, no matter how scrupulous I am at my own hygenine, it still scrapes a lot of bacteria which could work its way into my blood stream, not a good thing for a heart that doesn't fully pump it all out each time it beats. And especially last visit, I was 38 wks pregnant with Max. So I was able to get a prescription for an antibiotic without the insistance of seeing a cardiologist first this time.
It's so good to sit in the chair and have the hygenist say "mmm, very nice color and texture of your gums, excellent health, very very nice." And no, they weren't talking about Maren. She has 2 more cavities ~BUT~ they are spots from last year that looked suspicious that they wanted to observe and not drill/fill just yet. So from the whopping 7 cavity fiasco last year for her, and 2 left over, she had a good year of minimal change!!
I got an impression made for whitening trays, that I get to pick up when Maren goes back for fillings. I love it when someone says "It's normally $[very expensive] but for you... $[much much cheaper]"
It made me feel like I have clout.
Wednesday, July 22, 2009
Say Ahhhhh
Posted by April at 8:11 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


2 comments:
good job, no cavities, you suck. Love you :)
Nothing like getting a good report on your teeth AND a good deal at the same time! Go ahead, have yourself a candy bar! Just eat one for me too!
Post a Comment