Monday, July 13, 2009

Not for the clostrophobics!

You know you need a bigger house (or less kids, but that's not legal to sell them) when you find yourself doing any of these:

-a duck and roll out the doorway ninja stealth style if you have to go in your room where your sleeping baby is, so that he won't see you and then want to be awake.

-if you put the locking doorknobs backwards so that you can lock your bigger kids IN their rooms just so you can get a shower without them fighting because they can't get away from each other in a small house

-when your 75 lb Rottweiler takes up half of your living room

- when you are hiding under blankets and pillows despite the temperature nearing 80 Degrees in your house, just so above mentioned baby won't see you and will go back to sleep at 6:30 AM

- if you store your vacuum in your bathroom because you don't have a storage closet. Or a big enough linen closet. Who designed this house, seriously! Not a woman.

-when your husband has a massive snoring problem, is asleep in the living room, and you can still hear him in your room through your shut door and bathroom fan on to drown out noise. Our hallway is only like 10 inches long I swear.

Off to Ikea this week to get some beds with organizing situations, and moving the baby crib outta my room. I hope Kellan doesn't mind getting woke up 3-4 times a night because he's about to get a roommate!

7 comments:

Christa said...

now come April...it's atleast 13, don't be so dramatic. lol
I am wanting to go back so bacd and get the girls beds!

amberjill said...

hahaha my kids LOVE sharing a room! I think Grady sleeps better with them, too. In our last apt (which was like 800 sq ft) we had Grady sleep in the living room until he was sleeping through the night. but, walter wasn't sleeping in the living room, he didn't have a snoring problem, just a different problem. it was called school!

A Place To Dream said...

lol, I live in a closet size house too. I dream about moving all the time. And I HATE having to wait for the bathrm. We only have one bathrm and it's the size of a small closet

4torock said...

I heart Ikea- hope u find good stuff!! I sooo was going to text u Fri but thought you already knew about cow day :( sorry.... maybe next week we can meet there for lunch- still not free lunch, but maybe kids will tire each other out!?

Britta said...

Good luck with the adjustment to sharing a room. I'll be entering that world in just a few months, too!

Ivy said...

my boys shared a room, and i think they both adjusted really well. good luck with the changes, and hope you find good deals on the stuff you need. I love ikea!!

Greg said...

ikea is the greatest place E-V-E-R... anyplace that will watch your kids for you so you can shop in peace gets two thumbs up in my book!