Thursday, July 16, 2009

Cleanliness is next to Godliness

I love new stuff, fresh new items that you are the first owner of. Like when we redid all the floors in the house, brand new cleanness with no lingering ideas of other people's left-behinds, no matter how professional my husband may be able to clean carpets.

Speaking of professionally cleaning, he did the floors this weekend, every single space. It was so nice watching him use hospital grade sanitizer and 380 Degree hot water on my kitchen floor in 10 minutes you could birth a baby there it was so clean. (No, I have no plans to do that in case you're wondering!) It takes me over an hour to do what he did, with hand mopping it. I'm very insistent on the white washcloth test, it takes me an hour every week.

And speaking of clean floors, my dog is lucky to be alive today. *If James had to work late yesterday, and I came home to what I did after running errands, I would probably have lit a match and walked away from my house. I would NOT have cleaned what was in the kitchen that we shall not describe in detail for the sensetive stomaches. I knew what he did before I even unlocked my door.

(Ok, I probably would have gone to a hotel.)

I like the idea of this dog's potential in the family, a guardian, a friend for the kids, bla bla bla. I do NOT like the insanity to my clean zones he has caused, the chewed up chair legs to my custom kitchen dining table and chairs, or the hair that I vacuum up every single morning. I'm not a pet person just because I own one!

And yes, my kitchen floor is getting professionally cleaned a la James again today. Even after he cleaned up the mess last night going over it 3 times, the final time even with bleach. Not good enough in my opinion!

3 comments:

Deb said...

Ah, the joys of owning a dog. Need I say more? I didn't think so. But hey, they give us good stories to write about. And I think I can guess what the dog did! Damn dogs anyway! Why the hell do I own two?

Ivy said...

ew. maybe we won't ever get a dog now...

Supershepherds said...

that sucks. So sorry. I'm glad Joshua isn't a pet person.