So it better be something worthy right?
I am a lucky woman. I have many around me, and many far from me who care about me and love me. I am inspired everyday, fulfilled, and loved deeply from this great network of friends and family.
So I've got pnemonia again, a tough bugger, and found myself in the ER yesterday after an eventful afternoon! My resting heart rate (BPM- beats per minute) was over 130, which is twice what it should have been! My breathing was rapid trying to just 'catch' my breath from the constriction, and it was making me dizzy. So I passed out in the ER while waiting to be seen- soap opera style- in the arms of my big strong man ;)
I got an instant headache from it, and hyperventilated for a few minutes trying to catch back up with my rapid heart rate. Let me just say this though- Triage nurses are twits.
The ER doc wanted to keep me overnight to monitor my heartrate because I have a heart murmur (mild, but still) let it be sufficient to say I'll never be an athlete, my heart can't hack it! But I convinced him to wait on a decision after they tried some fluids and an IV antibiotic. 2 bags of bloatedness later, not much changed except the Dr's shift, and the new one said to go ahead and go. My heartrate was still around 124 BPM.
But while I was there, my mind wasn't racing even though my heart was, because I knew my children were being cared for, by one friend then another. But Max was my biggest concern, he's 7 months old, starting to freak out when he doesn't have his Mama, and won't take bottles. He digestively can't handle solid foods yet either. So what do ya do?
I am so grateful beyond words for Tiffany who requested that James leave him with her, though I was expecting to have James bring him back and forth while I was at the ER. She took care of him in my place, and I have to say there just aren't very many women who will nurse someone else's baby without a second thought about it. She waves her hand with an "eh, no prob" attitude, but it is remarkable this friend I've found.
Who'd have thought that this 'hippy, munchy' (modern/crunchy...hey, I didn't trakemark it!) person that I am would find a soul sister in a pediatric nurse? We couldn't have come from any further of perspectives! But we meet in the middle nicely I think. And I'm grateful to her beyond words. I love you dearly, BFF's...woooo! (an inside thang ;)
Wednesday, May 13, 2009
This is my 100th post
Posted by April at 11:35 AM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


5 comments:
So sorry u are sick :( BUT O so glad you have people around you lovin on you... since I am soo much help right now ( or ever :)!!) call u this weekend to check on you ---- GET BETTER!! lol:) xoxo
Totally make me tear up why don't ya! We compliment eachother and that is why it works, not only in a "you look hot mama" sorta way but in the way we view things. Hope you are feeling better babe!
Well, you're blogging so hopefully that means you're surviving. Take care, I love you. And I have to say, Tiffany, you're awesome!
sick again? oy vey!
just can't keep the moore fam healthy. hopefully summer will be better.
my mom used to talk about our neighbor nursing us and i was like "ick"! but then i had kids! ;)
u rock tif!!
that is great u found someone to cross nurse. I would love to help someone out that way someday
Post a Comment