These are videos we were allowed to take during the rehearsals for the Ballet Recital which the kids performed yesterday.
Maren's class was "Sweet Treats" at the end of the Candyland adventure where the children reached King Candy's Castle. She has improved so much in her coordination and mechanics, but she still struggles in some things because of her physical structure :( I am so proud of how she has observed details from her teacher and the student helper of how to move her arms more fluidly, and has really improved in grace compared to last year! This little girl absolutely loves dancing, her heart is probably shaped like a ballet slipper. She is the last little girl in the line entering the stage, with a student helper right behind her.
Kellan has enjoyed Ballet this year too. This was his first year, and his teacher made it so much fun with creativity to learn different mechanics of ballet, such as pretending to be dinosaurs jumping over logs to teach the boys leaps. He appearantly is Mr. Popular as well. Backstage at rehearsals as I would get Kellan ready for his turn with his class, all of the girls would walk past saying "Hi Kellan!" And he would keep walking as if he gets that treatment everywhere, cooly toss his hand in a casual "hey" as he walked on by.
The boys always get more interaction from the audience during their performance. They are such an adorable highlight, how can you resist laughing and cheering during their dance? Kellan especially sparked the most attention, and even got loud cheers as he received his first year trophey. By far the cutest member of the cast in my humble opinion ;)
*Sorry for the shaking of the camera, I was moving closer to the stage to get a better angle.


3 comments:
Oh my goodness. Oh my goodness. I am giggling at how cute they both are. THey did a great job. I'm so sad I couldn't be there in person to see it.
Pretty embarrassing to have the courier walk into my office as I'm sitting here blubbering at stinkin' cute my grandchildren are. I loved it and am so proud of them. They both did a super job!!!
They are just way too cute! Give them big hugs for me.
Post a Comment