Friday, May 01, 2009

For a good cause

Tonight at the church building, the young women hosted a pasta dinner resturaunt style, where they served up spaghetti for a minimal charge to raise funds for their summer camp. They also asked members of the church to donate desserts for an auction. It was pretty fun watching everyone get excited, even the very young ones, to bid on something yummy to cap the night off with. Some were egging others on in hopes to drive up a good donation amount, and many people went home with several desserts to last them hopefully through the weekend ;)


Here's what I took, I was pretty proud of it. It was a 4 layer french vanilla cake, strawberry preserve filling, with lemon whipped topping, and fresh strawberries and kiwis, and sprinkled with lemon zests. I was hoping it would get more than $8... and it did! It sold for $20. Appearantly it was no cinnamon rolls though, I heard that one made $50?! Didn't they SEE my cake? (Yes, I know who I sound like. As James pointed out, Lucifer didn't want to give the glory away, he wanted it for himself. Yeah, yeah.)

3 comments:

Tiffanyrose said...

It was a pretty cake! That was fun,. you missed the Bishop and Brother Graves and Brother Kramer fighting over the Cinnamon Rolls though. Way too funny!

Supershepherds said...

I'd be a little sore too. That looks way better than cinnamon rolls.

Ivy said...

Nothin beats a good cinnamon roll. Do you think you can score me their recipe?? ;)

cute cake though!