Sunday, December 27, 2009

Bringing the mountain to Mohammad

One of the (many) blessings to having children, is that they remind you about what is important in your life. We missed church (again) today because Kellan seems to be having another inflammatory response, sore knees/elbows/eyes, not feeling well. I'm always leary of him catching something else on top of his immune system already being at its threshold limit. And Maren still has this annoying cough from post nasal drip. Though she's not contagious either, it bothers me when other people take their kids out thinking their low fever and green snot is no big deal! Uh, it is! I look at them with irritation wishing they'd quarantine their kids, Maren's cough would throw a few looks my way too. She could rival with the heaviest smokers today.

So she was upset that we stayed home, and since she got dressed before she came out of her room, she asked if we can have church at home. Excellent idea! After a nice breakfast (stay tuned for Tasty Tuesdays) we got dressed and had our own little church at home. Kellan said the opening prayer, Maren read a story from The Friend magazine about being honest, we sang some of our favorite primary songs, and Daddy closed with another prayer.

Then we went to "classrooms" that Maren had set up chairs. I taught the lesson about Earth, our universe, Heaven, and living with Heavenly Father some day. It made me miss my days as a primary teacher a little bit. (Cara, please don't get any ideas about this!)

But my favorite moment was, when classes were 'dismissed', Maren asked if she could stay longer in class and have me teach her some more. I must be doing something right with this child.

2 comments:

Supershepherds said...

That's so stinking cute. I bet if you'd have called the home teachers to come bring you all the sacrament, she would have thought you were in heaven. I'd say you're doing much right with her and the other two.

proudmama said...

Tonight I watched Justice for awhile while Josh & Vennis celebrated their anniversary. He's a talker for sure, for 7 weeks has a whole lot to say so we had a talk, about parents, about the world, about Heavenly Father and what he came here to do... many things, talks I've had with each new grandchild...and there were a few moments where his look was so intense and he was listening so intently and I just knew he knew what I was talking about, I just wish I knew what he was trying to say back...but it reminded me of how truly precious and spiritual these young ones are, just waiting to be led in the right direction, even when they're doing the leading...I just love it that my grandchildren have parents who are not only leading but willing to take their hand and be led with them... awesome experience.