Thursday, December 11, 2008

Here we go again

This morning we were running a few minutes behind for getting the kids to school, but we barely made it on time, I was so proud of myself! As Maren and Kellan were heading to the door to wait in line before they unlocked it, Kellan tripped on the sidewalk (because he was running to beat Maren) and fell in the mud.

I was cursing the gloomy rainy day. It was "red day" at school, where they had to wear something red. So I dressed up Kellan and Max in their matching red vests, they were so stinking cute! I was so frustrated when he got muddy, because we had to head back to the house to change him. I was honestly more frustrated that I had to change him into something non-matching ;-P
I had just grabbed his clothes, left them in the van, and headed back to preschool to change him once I was there again. As I was switching his shirts, I noticed something...
Kellan has the chicken pox now. I guess that explains his 'listlessness' and grumpy mood 2 days ago at school when he got a yellow ticket for not following instructions.
And even though I was upset about him falling in the mud- now I can say that even that happening today was a good thing, I never would have seen his spots otherwise until he had exposed other children.
*Sigh* I'll never have a smooth day to put my house together will I? Whatever. I need some chocolate.

This was on Thanksgiving at my mom's in Utah.

7 comments:

April said...

What the heck is up with my line spacing? Whatever. I changed it 3 times, and it kept going to what it is now, oh well.

Christa said...

awww, poor kellan. Poor Mommy. So much for your relaxing restart yesterday.

proudmama said...

Well, it could be worse, you could be facing xmas in Utah instead of at home... since he's so competitive, perhaps when you count his he'll have more than Maren did... don't forget to send pics. Sorry mommy, hang in there

Lisa M said...

Poor Kellan hopefully he feels better real soon.

The Moore Family said...

So sorry, that's too bad that he got them too. I also need chocolate.

Ivy said...

Good grief, aren't you glad you went home when you did?!

So, when do you think he was exposed, and who exposed him?

Greg said...

Once you have children there is no such thing as "relaxing" "spontaneous" or "quick trip"
And the more kids you have the more out of reach they become.
It is what it is babe.
Boy howdy are they worth it though!