Tuesday, September 30, 2008

Such Sillyness

Thanks Heather for sending me the Salt Lake Tribune's article about PETA's latest effort to be quirky in addition to their advocacy. They had a few more ironic comments from consmers than the Washington Post's article about it. You can read the full article clicking here

They wrote to Ben & Jerry's Ice Cream asking them to consider the use of human breastmilk instead of cow milk in their ice cream stating "If Ben and Jerry's replaced the cow's milk in its ice cream with breast milk, your customers - and cows - would reap the benefits," wrote Tracy Reiman, executive vice president of the animal rights advocacy group.

I thought it was a little contradictory because a lot of PETA advocates don't use honey because of the attitude that bees make it for their own food supply, we shouldn't make them work for us and take what isn't made for us naturally.... um... what adult is still breastfed? Isn't it the same principle?

Also a little contradictory? "We applaud PETA's novel approach to bringing attention to an issue, but we believe a mother's milk is best used for her child," spokesman Sean Greenwood said in an e-mail.

I bet if a cow could talk, they'd say the same thing.

GO SOY!

3 comments:

Tiffanyrose said...

That made me laugh. honesty, I am all for breastfeeding, just not the whole adult population.

Lisa M said...

All I got to say is "YUCK".
Lisa

Ashley and Nate said...

Agreed. That's disgusting. Yay-I found your blog on Christa's. Anyway, good luck and may baby Max (SOOO cute) come ANY DAY!