I need to quit saying things I *don't want to happen* out loud because I'm seriously attracting everything that comes out of my mouth these days.
My friend Christa and I took our brood of kids out to run some errands, and I was talking about my minivan "If I ever got in a car accident" bla bla bla about it's value compared to what I paid, something about insurance, whatever. I don't remember the entire conversation.
Seriously 3 minutes or less, we're the second vehicle at a stop sign to turn, and the (very very big) truck in front of me decides he's out too far, and backs up INTO MY VAN. Smash.
It was a teenage boy driving with his mom and his friends, she was appearantly yelling at him for being out too far, and distracting him, he didn't hear me honking away trying to say "Stop!"
So an hour later, one police report filed, and some ansy toddlers and babies taken care of, we finally get on our way home. I shouldda just kept my mouth shut and not attracted it. Or said something like "Someone is going to give me the keys to a new Honda Odyssy just because they admired my parenting." (insert hysterics here)
But we'll get some new carseats all around for all our kids. I guess there's a silver lining?
Wednesday, September 03, 2008
Oops I did it again
Posted by April at 9:00 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


2 comments:
I am so sorry that happened. Poor Maren. She is going to have issues when she learns how to drive! LOL
April -- I went private. I don't know if I sent the invite to the right address. If I didn't have your email address right. Just click on my blog address that you have and it has my email on it and I will send the invite again.
Thanks,
Lisa
Post a Comment