Sunday, October 18, 2009

Quick trip outta town

I am no Kate-the-great, or Cara-extraordinaire-ah with the photos, but I'll post a bunch anyway from our fun weekend.

Fall colors peaked last week in Boone area of the Blue Ridge Mountains where we drove to, but we still enjoyed plenty! It was very cold too, and some snow flakes started to fall as we got out to stretch our legs at a few places.










Before we drove up to the mountains, we stayed the night at The Great Wolf Lodge, James's uncle works there and got us a killer deal ;) It was all decked out for Halloween, the kids had SO MUCH FUN, I think this will have to be a yearly tradition! They played hard in the indoor water park, exhausting James with their requests for "Again! Again!", after every waterslide. Max was a little hesitant and freaked out when I put him down to splash. But he gradually warmed up to it and started to crawl around touching the fountains around him. We sat in the "beach" area with a mock-shore that had simulated waves every now and then.
















We dressed in our Jammies and headed down to the Clock Tower for the nightly presentation, and story time, only to sit there for 1/2 hour before someone said it was delayed on the weekend nights because of the trick-or-treating around the lodge. (Which we enjoyed doing that too!) So we said "Meh, forget it" and decided to call it a night.
We saw some family that lives 3 hours away, they have a new 3 week old baby. We learned that we didn't have enough movies for the road trip. We also learned that Kellan talks in his sleep, Max still doesn't sleep, and Maren will always be the first awake at hotels. And you can't hear the bear's snore when he sleeps in the bathroom with the door shut ;)





6 comments:

4torock said...

so cute!! Sounds likes blast-- are u ready for another vaca from vaca?? lol see ya tomorrow

ps- I think ur pics are pretty great too!!

Deb said...

Your pictures are absolutely delightful. I especially love the pj's pic. The nightly story time is such a great idea. *Moore* places should jump on that bandwagon!

*Pun totally intended* ;)

Betsy said...

Aw what a fun time!! Your kids are so adorable.

proudmama said...

enjoyed the pics. Next time, you should get the "bear" his own room so he could at least have a bed....

Becky said...

LOL Did James really sleep in the bathroom?? HOW??

We have a Great Wolf Lodge around here. I've never been there but know a few families who have and all loved it.

April said...

Becky, finally at 5:00 when I hadn't slept the entire night, he ran a hot bath an hour earlier than the alarm was set for and snoozed. Except I enjoyed finally getting sleep that I continued to, and so did he, for 3 hours instead. He can/does sleep anywhere.