So we're into 2008 a whole week, and I haven't adjusted writing it yet, I'll probably stop making that mistake somewhere around August.
We're still in Utah at Grandma's house, but it's giving me some 'less frazzled' time because I don't have an entire household to keep maintained! Whew. But I miss my husband, my house, and my life in NC, and in my missing that, I've thought about things I want to include in my life there... here's a few ambitious resolutions for the New Year!
-For a major one- I need to figure out a way to go to sleep earlier, because I want to wake up earlier! I like the rare days that start with a quiet shower and time to think about the tasks of the day. Let's be honest, this will be a hard one for me to transition into!
-Being to places on time. I generally am, but there are certain things I always seem to run late for, like Church. I'm still not used to having to drive further than around the block.
-Write letters to people I care about. I got a few heart touching ones this past year, and I thought "People should write more letters, not emails, feelings are expressed more beautifully." So I will.
-Pick a charity, and support it. I think everyone should stand for something, and care about changing the world, it's how it actually will change.
-Remodel the hall bathroom. Let's do this one before Valentines' day, I will be oh so happy to get rid of the hideous grapes on the wall.
-Go on a date... just me and the Mr... once a month. Let's not be toooo ambitious here and say weekly, sometimes I barely get to see him awake, forget about ALONE!
-I'm giving myself a cash budget for 'extras.' If I don't have it in cash, I'm not buying it. Okay, I'll try anyway. I want a bigger savings account than we do, this should help.
I think that's ambitious enough as it is, but all totally do-able. Where do I see our family in this new year? Maren will be starting Kindergarten this fall, Kellan will be potty trained (sooner the better!) James will be happy at his job and feeling closer to his goal of promotion, and I will be more thankful and less gripe-ful about my outlook on life, I truly do have rich life.
Tuesday, January 08, 2008
Ready, Set, Goals!
Posted by April at 4:33 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


7 comments:
Great goals!
It's not too much to ask! I love the alone time with the Mr.! Everyone needs some of that!
Oh, you forgot, work out more with Cara.
Time for an update supermom!
You've been tagged!
Read my blog :o)
That's a lot of goals!! But I live right around the corner from u! and whenever Im not workin, I will be glad to watch your kids while you go out with the Mr.! haha and dont feel bad about not arriving at church on time....I was always at least 5 min. late for seminary (thank goodness im done with that) and wed. night activities!!!
April, I am husband tagging you. Check out my blog to see what is up. :)Chelsee
Okay April time for an update!! haha I love your song by the way! You crack me up!
Post a Comment