First, I have to say I need to learn to keep my mouth shut.
I was telling James that I just don't get as sick as I used to get, common germs would pass within a day, and I was singing the praise of my super awesome immune system.
Then the next day I started coughing, and could.not.stop! Eating my words on a rye sandwich right now.
Last night I was up often, tossing and turning from hip pain, and would cough every time. Which spurred on some contractions. Not big active labor ones, but every 3 minutes or so was enough to make me call the midwife at 6 AM. (well, James called. Talking makes me cough more.)
So she recommends a few things, a warm bath being one of them, and I gladly hop in hoping for some sleep. Her assistant comes by shortly after to check things, baby's heart rate was through the roof. My bad, being chilled and fevered I made the bath too warm and she was protesting! After going back to my bed and resting for a few minutes, she checked again. Still high, but better.
Then she proceeded to check all my stats. Lungs sound clear, no pneumonia, whew! Blood pressure was higher for me, but still normal. And some dilation is going on, but not enough to worry about labor being sparked.
As long as I keep those pesky contractions at bay!
I've never had prep work ahead of when labor actually began, so this is new to me. The day before I went into labor with Max, my midwife said there was no changes and thought it would be another week! Ha! So this makes me hope, and get excited about not passing my due date, and having this baby sooner than later.
Just not today. 36 weeks can be ok. But 38 will be better.
While my ever loving husband was being awesome as he is, he took care of everything today so that I could rest. He dealt with the dog and all her shenanigans, and I hope has a deeper appreciation for what I mean when I say "I'm putting her on Craigslist!"
He took Max to his preschool group day, where he was hardcore immersed into my world when Max handed him a boogar while the adults were talking. I thanked Max and said it was a good job not to eat it, I don't think James appreciated that as much as I did.
And the man whipped up a crockpot meal, so that dinner could be easier after he took the kids to their Dr appointments.
Yes, he is amazing. He is good to me. He is what I need him to be for me, and we work good together. What more could I ask for?
Wednesday, February 22, 2012
one more month? No way!
Posted by April at 4:43 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


1 comments:
Where does the time go! You are on the countdown. Sorry I missed your shower-I was in SC dog sitting for a week. :) Glad your husband is helping you take it easy. I am now going to check out your recipe for cream soda-a favorite around here. How did I miss that post before?!
Post a Comment