Thursday, December 08, 2011

Moments with Maxwell

This silly monkey turned 3, without even asking me permission to keep getting older!

He talked for months about having a "cowboy" or "horsey" birthday party. So where better to spend it than at Grandma's house with the horses? To get ideas for the Grandmas for some presents, I took him to 'try on' cowboy boots. This boy has wide feet, I wanted to be sure he could wear any, and what size. Well... once they went on, he refused to take them off.

He started walking around the store telling everyone "I'm tha-ree, I'm having a horsey party, these are my boots." Well darn. So much for an idea for the Grandmas! I ended up saying "Happy Birthday buddy, here ya go" and paid for the boots so we could leave the store with minimal amount of tears. He's a true blooded cowboy.

After his party, he "made wishes" by blowing everything. Especially bubbles in the bath tub. I know, you're right. He IS adorable. 3 is my favorite age.



Aunt Gina sent $10 in a birthday card for him, so I took him to a nearby petting farm/zoo. It's a pretty neat place, on about 120 acres with all kinds of animals including zebras, Ilpaca's, and the usual farm animal variety. Max was most excited to see the horse and go for a ride, of course. Imagine his excitement when we were feeding the goats, in walks a shetland pony just his size to hug! He instantly tried to climb on, that horse would have none of it. But it was cute. And he has asked to go back nearly every day. "Remember the farm mom? Can we go there? I just need to see my horsey."





Being 3 for Maxwell means he has become super independent. But also super helpful. He loves having "jobs" and keeps track of them, they must make him feel very significant. He is impulsive, daring, fearless, and very loving, inquisitive, and creative. My favorite thing he has done lately, while peeling a banana, says to me "I did it all by myself! I peeled the crescent!" Genius :)




0 comments: