Tuesday, April 05, 2011

Oh BOY!

He looks like an angel... walks like an angel... talks like an angel... But I got wise! He's a (cute) devil in desguise. ~Elvis Presley He calls them his babies, holds them, nuzzles them against his nose, kisses their heads. He LOVES these chickens.

And he's proving every day that he loves to make us all laugh. By doing ridiculous stunts and experiments all the time. He's our personal comedian!

Huh? What do you mean I have something on my face? Oh that old thing?


Every day he is smearing something on his forehead, and then tells me "I Harry Potter." He's trying to make a lightning bolt scar, and I think he's doing a fantastic job, don' t you agree? Would you like to know how many times it takes to wash A&D diaper ointment out of a child's hair? It's more than 4. It's still weird feeling a day later.


After that bath, with the wash-rinse-repeat going on, I got him redressed and started cleaning up the bath stuff. Then I hear "Mama, oh mama" in his sweet sing-songy voice. And I couldn't find him. I walked down the hall to his room and asked "Maxwell, oh Maxwell?" And he repeated his song "Mama, oh mama." So I walked back down the hall, still couldn't find him. Until the third time he sang it. Guess where I found him?


This boy! Boy oh boy.


And James made sure to tell all the children very firmly how NOT appropriate it is to play in a dryer, and if they ever see Maxwell doing it again, they have full permisison to pull him out no matter how bad he screams and fights them about it. (I'm so glad I remembered to take a picture first! I usually scold first, and smile to myself later about how creative they really are.)


My toes are tired from him always keeping me on them, that's for sure. But I am loving the 2 & 1/2 phase so much right now, I wish I could make it last forever.




4 comments:

amberjill said...

i think he's gonna be a little upset when his 'babies' become dinner! maybe you should name them appropriately, like, omelet, souffle, dinner, tacos, etc. :)

April said...

No worries! They are named approprIately. We have General Tso's, Sweet & sour, nugget, and omelet! (Good call on that one.)

Tiffanyrose said...

He is Hi-larious April!

Supershepherds said...

Funny funny little man. But can I say ewww to the chicken names. That's just wrong.