I have a pre-pre teenager in my house. Her name is Maren, she has cRaZy mood swings, rolls her eyes at everything, wears deoderant, and can't stand her brother. She's six.
We're working on her tone towards everyone- I'm constantly asking her to speak kinder. Not working out so good! Here was our conversation at breakfast:
Maren: "No, Kellan, I DON'T want to sit by you." (after he asked her so flippin' sweetly too, geez.)
Me: "Maren, can you say that nicer to Kellan? Maybe 'No thank you Kellan, I'll sit over here'? Let's talk kindly please."
Kellan: "That's ok mom, I have super powers, I can be invisible and then I won't hear her."
Maren: "That's dumb Kellan, invisible people can still hear."
Kellan: "You're just mean Maren, maybe that's YOUR super power."
I really had to leave the room because I choked down my drink and started laughing so hard! That was SO clever! Also, appearantly super heroes don't need to drink water from cups, because they can do this awesome move- and he didn't even know that I caught him, so maybe I'm the one with invisible powers?
Monday, September 13, 2010
Super Duper
Posted by April at 10:24 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



5 comments:
We're going through the same moodiness and rude speaking. It's driving me crazy! I feel like I'm constantly saying, "You can say the same thing in a nicer way." Let me know if you find some amazing solution.
I also have a pre teenager slash drama queen! Aren't they fun?! Anyway, I LOVE what Kellan said to Maren! So smart.
that's awesome. I am laughing so hard right now.
LOL LOL LOL LOL, Good goin' Kellan.
Love this post! And I love the picture...So funny!!!!
Post a Comment