Tuesday, July 20, 2010

How do you homeschool in a small house?




In style! This idea brought to you today by Ikea, Target, and my hard workin' handy hubby.
We were going to do ONE bookshelf with two doors, but then we saw one of these bookshelves mounted around other units to form an entertainment center, so we merged the idea to take 3 of them mounted horizontally like this, one of them at counter top level, we got so much MORE space, and 3 were cheaper than the one! Ha! So we splurged on some accent lights, decorative boxes, and a cute clothes line with hooks to hang artwork the kids will soon be busy making. And we snatched up a magnet strip and magnetized containers to organize things like chalk, staples, paperclips, etc. Can you see it mounted on the far right?
Also would be great for a kitchen!
Have I mentioned how much I love Ikea?


3 comments:

Greg said...

Seriously!!
Ikea ROCKS!
Craving their lingon berry juice right now.

Carrie said...

I am so with you on the Ikea thing! Love it! I want to make a trip just to browse...

A Place To Dream said...

I'm going to show this to hubby, I have been trying to talk him into some kind of bk shelf in the kitchen(were we do most our schooling) but he's been resisting. looks great!