Thursday, June 17, 2010

Movin' on up

Spontaneity seems to work for us. Any big decision that we've made in our life has been quick, and has usually worked out to fit very nicely into our life. Like deciding to get married and doing it within 18 days. Or cancelling a builder's contract (after paying $2,000 deposits) to move across the country into unknown possibilities.

I'm hoping this decision follows this pattern.

I found a house that I looooooove for the potential of it. The mortgage wouldn't be much different than what we are in now, but we'll gain about 1,100 sq ft! James and I both keep saying how this house is getting too small for all of the things we want to do as a family, such as homeschool, and food storage. But we haven't actually locked down an idea of how long we would stay here. So we finally talked some serious ideas, and decided to sell this house, and look for another.

I'm making a wish. Holding out hope. Putting it to the universe. This newer house is perfect for our family without changing too much, and still having space for potential things like gardening, and fruit trees. 4 bedrooms, a school room, a dining room, a wooden pen ready for chickens, adorable neighborhood, $108,000 below tax value!.... oh I couldn't dream anything more perfect for us.

But we need to sell this house if they accept our offer! No... They WILL accept our offer with contingency! How does this sound for a listing: New ceramic floors, new wall to wall carpet, new roof, 6 fruit trees and various fruit bushes, vegetable garden, stone bbq, matching stone strawberry bed, playground, 3 bedrooms, new Craftsman bathroom vanities, 2 car garage attatched, pull down attic access, 3 acres, tool shed, small creek along wooded property line, secluded cul-de-sac lot.

Like it? It could be yours!

4 comments:

Tiffanyrose said...

I want to see pictures or a link to the new house!!

Carrie said...

I will keep you in my prayers that it all works out. I had no idea you home school your kiddos! We definitely need to get together because that is something we have been contemplating for years!

Greg said...

Oh I'm so excited for you guys! Yes, pictures! Or a listing link please!
Praying for you girl!!!

Mia said...

Sounds great April! I think you should take a bunch of pictures of it, print them out, stick them on a wall where you'll see them every day and keep envisioning your family in it. :) Best wishes...

and yes, I know I need to call you! I've been slackin'. Sorry. :(