Sunday, May 02, 2010

Wish I had known...

If there is one favor I can do for my loved ones with small babies or no babies yet, it is to crush your dreams. Babies aren't always cute.

There will come a day where, no matter how precious they are and how over the moon in love you are, they will turn on you and do something that can cause you to throw up in your mouth.

I'm crushing your dreams, because I want you to know that your child is not gross, you are not a bad mom, and it happens to the best of them. And they won't die from tasting the toilet water. Or eating the sand on the playground. Or food off the floor. Or eating poo.

And that's all I'll say about that.

No one tells you these things before you have a kid. I just wanted you to be prepared. I wasn't. Enjoy my wisdom I gained through experience.

2 comments:

Greg said...

I'm sensing a story here that will probably have me rolling....Please share!

April said...

Oh Cara, I can't even go into detail about it!! Especially with your sensetive gag reflexes these days ;)

When I told James what happened with Max (of course) the first thing he asked me not to do was blog about it :^p Because judgements can be made about being a neglectful mother to allow my child to do foul things. But most people realize, kids are sneaky, and you can't possibly baby-proof from everything!