So we're at that stage in life that I have been dreading... loosing teeth. But thankfully Maren lost her tooth just how I expected from this little independent girl. She came into my room this morning at 6:30 asking me to turn on the light so she could show me 'something.' I didn't expect to see her tooth in hand!
This is the little girl who turned white and bobbed all over about to pass out when she saw her brother having blood drawn. The little girl who almost tossed her cookies and again turned white from her own finger prick at the pediatricians. The one who runs out of the room when I'm watching Grey's Anatomy because she's afraid to even hear about blood, let alone see it. I thought we'd either have to yank it out without her expecting it, or that it would fall out eventually. Which is what it practically did. She flicked it with her tongue, and it snapped and layed out flat in her mouth, so she thought she'd give it a tug and it came right out. She was so excited and full of adreneline that I think it compensated for her weak stomach to blood.
I'm sad that I missed seeing that moment of accomplishment and pride on her face when she lost her first tooth, but I'm glad I was the first person she couldn't wait to share the news with, even if it was 6:30 on a Saturday morning. And the tooth fairy pays a whole $1 if she was to pull it herself, so she's pretty psyched about that!


2 comments:
Fun! Both of my girls pull their teeth out, and they both pulled a tooth out this week! I could never do that.
Thank you, Maren, for sharing your special accomplishment with grandmommy. After mommy of course. I especially liked how you polished it up for the tooth fair. Very thoughtful of you...
Post a Comment