Wednesday, January 27, 2010

Happy Birthday Maren

This past year has flown by so fast. Maren has accomplished so many milestones between turning 5 to now turning 6! Last summer she learned to read before she started kindergarten, she loves riding the bus, and she has had a (fairly) well transition into making friends at school without the setup of playdates or 'buddies' at preschool. She now reads chapter books, which is amazing for her age. She does many things without needing to be asked (not everything though! But she does love to surprise me from time to time.) She enjoys primary at church, ballet, and the trampoline. It has been an overall great year seeing life through the eyes of Maren, because she always shows me art and beauty from her perspective that I sometimes miss seeing from mine. I love this little girl.

Below are some pictures of her birthday (we kept it small this year with no friends, just family) and she has really gotten into collecting "Littlest Pet Shop" animals, so she got several things for that. Including a themed cake, which might be seen on something like Cake Wrecks if I tried to sell it, it definitely falls under the category of 'horrible cakes by April' for sure! The colors turned darker as I let it sit while I tended to the kids before I iced it. This is actually after I scraped it off and made NEW icing and re-iced the sucker! I gave up. Oh well.









Her favorite present was a set of Littlest Pet Shop sheets for her bed. I loved licensed character sheets when I was a kid, it made me miss how little things make kids so happy! I wonder if the make Grey's Anatomy sheets for a King size bed?

2 comments:

proudmama said...

Thanks for sharing the pics. Bout time. You can't miss the radiance in their little faces from these simple joys in life. Love seeing it, even if it is second hand.

4torock said...

Awwwww so sweet- We heart LPS's here too!! AND the cake looks awesome silly!!!! Looks like she had a great BiRtHdAy!!! :D