Thursday, August 27, 2009

School Rules!


Today was Maren's first day to go to school. It isn't time for her class yet, even though the rest of the grades have started this week. Maren went today for assessments to see where her strengths are, and which teacher will fit her best. She was so excited to take $1.80 for school lunch today and get to try that out with all the other kindergartener's. (Even though she'll take a lunchbox most days anyway.) She proudly took her backpack, allbeit empty today, and marched out of the house before I got a picture of her!


So I grabbed my camera, and the other two kids to high tail it out the door. I got one picture of her quickly before the Principal waved hello and called her name. Appearantly when you're late it's easy to narrow down which kid they are waiting for. Only 8 minutes late by the time we got there... whoops. With three kids, and one of them a nursing baby, I'm surprised it was only 8 minutes ! Thankfully she will take the bus, it picks her up at the stop sign in our neighborhood at 6:45, that sounds like a task for Daddy to do in the mornings

10 comments:

Ivy said...

How cute :) And....she's gotta be at the bus stop by 6:45? That's early! I'm going to tell my boys that, they are complaining at being at their stop by 8:15! What time does school start/end there?

April said...

Hers goes from 7:30 to 2 PM, she will be home by 2:35.

4torock said...

what a big girl!! have fun Maren:) and I agree that daddies can do the early a.m.'s!! :)

April said...

He "doesn't do hair" he says, haha. So I will still be up at 6 to get her ready, he will wait at the stop with her so - can shower before - have to get the other one up for preschool. Ahhh, routine again!

proudmama said...

I feel as emotional for the grandkids starting school as I did sending you guys off to Kindergarten. Milestones. :-) They grow up so fast.

Christa said...

Just be glad you don't live in SC, alot of the school there run from 6:30 to 1, so they can beat the heat of the day.
I'm so proud that she was off to school! Does here school not has a "uniform" dress code?

The Moore Family said...

She's looks so grown up and ready to take on kindergarten! :)

Greg said...

Ours picks up at the same time! Too early!! In our house as well that's Daddy's task. He gets him up, makes him breakfast, packs his snack and backpack up then waits with him at the bus stop. IT'S FABULOUS!
DADS ROCK!

Deb said...

They grow up way to fast. Great pic. She looks so freakin excited!

Kari said...

6:45? Wow! Abby's school doesn't start until 8:45am but then they also don't get out until 3:15pm. It can definitely be a learning curve but you will both find your niche. :)